How to add a Slingbox to SlingPlayer for Symbian OS
It is pretty easy to add your Slingbox to the Slingbox Directory on SlingPlayer for Symbian OS. All you need to know is the Finder ID of your Slingbox and your Slingbox password.
The Finder ID (also called Slingbox ID or Slingbox Finder ID) is a unique number that identifies a Slingbox. See the related information on this page for detailed instructions on locating the Finder ID of your Slingbox.
- Once you have the Finder ID, follow these steps to add your Slingbox to the Slingbox Directory on SlingPlayer for Symbian OS:
- Select Options > Slingbox Directory. The Slingbox Directory will open.
- Select Options > Add New Slingbox. The Add/Edit Slingbox screen will appear.
- Enter the Name of the Slingbox. This need not be the same as the one you’ve used in SlingPlayer for PC; it should just be a name that will help you identify this Slingbox.
- Enter the following details of the Slingbox you want to connect to:
- Finder ID
- Select Use Admin Password if required.
- Select Options > Save.
And you are done! The next time you access the Slingbox Directory on your phone, your Slingbox will be listed.
Here's what the Slingbox ID is, and how you can find yours.
Setting up SlingPlayer on a remote computer and can't figure out how to connect to your Slingbox? What you need is the Slingbox ID of that Slingbox.
The Slingbox ID is a code that uniquely identifies each Slingbox.
Here's how. It's quick and easy.