All about your Sling Account
A Sling Account stores your Slingbox information and SlingPlayer settings (like passwords and Favorites) all in one place. It's required for all current Sling Media software products.
How do I get started?
Just create a Sling Account if you don't already have one. Then log in the next time you're asked by SlingPlayer or Watch on Slingbox.com. There's no need to do that more than once: we remember your Sling Account info after you've logged in the first time.
Creating a Sling Account:
- If you are using Watch on slingbox.com from your computer for initial setup, you will be prompted to set up a Sling Account at the beginning of the process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for Don't have an account? Sign up.
- If you have a Slingbox 500 and use the on-screen setup, you will set up your Sling Account near the end of the setup process.
Once you have a Sling Account:
- Log in with SlingPlayer by entering your Sling Account info when prompted.
Your Slingbox settings are automatically downloaded to your computer or to your mobile device.
- answers.slingbox.com (our online forums!)
To change your Sling Account information:
Go to accounts.sling.com, where you can:
- Update your profile information
- Change your email address or password
- Change your Slingbox name or password
- Remove a Slingbox from your directory
The Slingbox ID is a unique number given to each Slingbox. SlingPlayer uses it to locate your Slingbox from the Internet when you're watching your TV away from home. If you need your Slingbox ID for any reason, here's how to find it.
Yes, you can change your contact information, your email address and your marketing preferences in just a few quick steps.
Changing your Sling Account password is simple. There are just a few simple steps.
Here's how. It's quick and easy.