How to create a Sling Account and Slingbox password for guests
Remember, when you give your friend or family member guest access to your Slingbox, you are still its administrator.
- Log in to your Sling Account, go to setup.slingbox.com, and select your Slingbox.
- Click Add a guest user under your Slingbox name.
- A screen appears asking for a guest password. Enter a unique password and enter it again to confirm your entry.
- Copy the Slingbox ID and include it, along with the password you created, in an email to your friend, removing the spaces and dashes from the Slingbox ID.
- If your friend already has a Sling Account, ask them to log in, click on their account name in the upper right corner of the screen (shown below), and go to step 8.
- If your friend doesn't have a Sling Account, they need to create one by going to the Sling Accounts web page: accounts.sling.com (see the link to the right).
- They must then follow the steps to create a Sling Account. Suggest that they use their email address as a login and create a unique password.
- On the Update My Profile Information page, they must select Slingbox Directory and click Add a Slingbox.
- Finally, they must enter the Slingbox ID and the newly-created guest password you sent them, check the box to save the password, make sure the option to log in as administrator is not selected, and click Save.
Remember, only one person can access and change channels on your Slingbox at a time. See the linked article "When I change channels on my Slingbox, they also change at home" for more details.
Here's more info for you
Would you like to give your family members or friends access to your Slingbox 350 or 500? This article shows you how!
Here's basic information about what your Sling Account can do for you.
Here's how. It's quick and easy.
Changing your Sling Account password is simple. There are just a few simple steps.
Yes, you can change your contact information, your email address and your marketing preferences in just a few quick steps.
When I'm watching my TV with my Slingbox and I change channels, they also change at home. Why does that happen? Is there a solution?
Here are some helpful links
Click here to view or edit your personal information in your Sling Account (such as your name, email, or Slingbox details).
Go here to easily set up or make changes to your Slingbox!
Download Sling Media Software for your computer or mobile phone.