How to watch your Slingbox on a TV
- Apple TV and iOS 7 device running SlingPlayer: With an AirPlay-supported device like the second or third-generation Apple TV and an iPhone 4S, iPod touch (fifth generation), iPad mini, iPad 2, or later device running the current version of iOS (iOS 7) and SlingPlayer, you can use AirPlay to project SlingPlayer to your HD TV. IMPORTANT: Your iOS device must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV. To set it up:
- Launch SlingPlayer and connect to your Slingbox.
- Tap the screen to display the SlingPlayer controls.
- Tap the AirPlay icon and select your Apple TV:
- The video stream now displays on your TV, while the controls remain on your iOS device! If you want to switch the video back to your device, just tap the AirPlay icon and reselect your device:
- Double-tap the home button on your device to bring up the multitasking bar.
- Swipe to the right.
- Tap the AirPlay button, and choose your Apple TV.
- Tap to enable the mirroring switch.
- Launch SlingPlayer.
Note: When you connect to a Slingbox 350 or 500, SlingPlayer supports AirPlay in either standard or mirroring mode. If you connect through an older Slingbox model such as the Slingbox SOLO or PRO-HD, SlingPlayer supports AirPlay mirroring. Normal Airplay streaming may work in this configuration, but it is not supported.
If you're using the latest update to SlingPlayer for iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, there's a cool new way to get video out from your mobile device to an attached TV or monitor.
These are the product pages on slingbox.com for SlingPlayer for Connected Devices.
Apple web pages on AirPlay.
If you are using the latest update to SlingPlayer for iPhone/iPod touch or SlingPlayer for iPad, this article shows you how to get video out from your mobile device to an attached TV or monitor.
SlingPlayer for Roku offers yet another way that you can watch your TV anywhere ... in this case, anywhere that you have a Roku streaming player connected to your TV!