Where can I find the Slingbox ID for my Slingbox?
The Slingbox ID is a unique number that identifies your Slingbox. No matter where you are in the world, using the Slingbox ID, SlingPlayer can locate your Slingbox and connect to it.
When connecting at home, you don't need the Slingbox ID. (It's easy to find a Slingbox that's just in another room.) But it's another matter when you're outside of your home ... whether you're nearby or far away.
You can either find your Slingbox ID using SlingPlayer (but you have to be at home). Or you can look up your Slingbox ID using your Sling Account.
How to find your Slingbox ID in your Sling Account
- From http://support.slingbox.com:
- Log in with your Sling Account by clicking the Log In link at the top right of the window.
- After you are logged in, your Slingbox information appears in the main part of the page.
- Log in with your Sling Account.
- Click the Slingbox Directory link on the left side of the window.
- Click Edit to the right of the Slingbox to show the Slingbox ID.
How to find your Slingbox ID with SlingPlayer
- Open your Slingbox Directory:
- On Windows, choose Slingbox Directory from the Connect menu.
- On Mac OS, choose Slingbox Directory from the Window menu.
You see the Slingbox ID listed.
This is what this screen looks like in SlingPlayer for Windows
This is what this screen looks like in SlingPlayer for Mac
If you're using a Slingbox 350 or Slingbox 500, you don't need to concern yourself with a Slingbox ID to connect to your Slingbox remotely. See the article linked below entitled "Watch on Slingbox.com makes it easier to connect to your Slingbox" for more information.
Sling Account Access
Click here to view or edit your personal information in your Sling Account (such as your name, email, or Slingbox details).
With older versions of SlingPlayer, you connected to your Slingbox by specifying an IP address and port. You don't have to do that anymore with Watch on Slingbox.com.
Here's what the Slingbox ID is, and how you can find yours.