Watch on Slingbox.com plays audio but no video
Watch on Slingbox.com uses a different video rendering technology than the desktop versions of the SlingPlayer software. But there should be no problems using Watch on Slingbox.com with most up-to-date computers.
If you hear audio but see no video
Try these standard troubleshooting techniques:
- If you have another computer available, try accessing Watch on Slingbox.com on that computer.
- If Watch on Slingbox.com plays properly on the second computer, make sure that the first computer has up-to-date operating system software, especially its video drivers. If you've been alerted that the WebSlingPlayer Plug-in for your browser needs updating, be sure to do it.
- However, if the second computer also doesn't display video, the problem might be with your Slingbox and/or its connections.
- Check that all connections ... especially video connections ... are correct and tight. Check this on both your Slingbox and your AV source(s).
- If you have been alerted that a Slingbox Software update is available, perform the update as soon as possible.
It's very easy to do, but make sure that you are at home near your Slingbox when you do it.
- Using an HDMI cable? If you have video equipment that connects to your TV using an HDMI cable and then try to stream with your Slingbox, you may get extremely poor or no video when using Watch on Slingbox.com. When HDMI cable is attached to the set-top box, you may receive audio, but video is disabled due to HDCP ("High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection," also known as HD Content Protection).
The easiest fix is to use your component cables (the red, blue, and green ones). They have the best quality HD-capable connection. But because they carry no sound, you also need to connect a set of standard red and white audio cables to the audio ports. If you have digital audio (usually an orange cable), you can connect it instead of the red and white audio cables.
For more information on updating Slingbox Software and resolving the HDMI cable video issue, see the related articles linked below.
If you have video equipment that connects to your TV using an HDMI cable and you try to stream, you may get extremely poor or no video using Watch on Slingbox.com, SlingPlayer for Windows or SlingPlayer for Mac. Here's the reason and a way to fix it.